Sunday, April 06, 2014

Oreo Vanilla Cupcakes


I have spent most of my life not knowing what an Oreo tasted like.  For some reason they never really appealed to me.  I just thought that they looked like a dry chocolate biscuit with hard cream in the middle.

I always remember this TV advertisement years and years ago where this little boy is sitting on his doorstep when his mum brings him some milk and Oreos.  He then separates an Oreo on his doorstep and his dog comes up and licks half of it, which doesn’t bother the little boy as he eats both halves!  Obviously those Oreos are good enough to eat dog spit and all!

Anyway, I recently decided to try those Oreos and was pleasantly surprised!  Now I just can’t get enough.  I love the little packets of mini-Oreos, I like the packets of big Oreos, and I love Oreos in cupcakes. 

Oreos in cupcakes has to be one of the coolest ideas.  I think I came across it somewhere on the web or on Pinterest. 


This is what I did:
1. Make a batch of your favourite cupcake batter.  I used this recipe.
2. Line the cupcake tin.
3. Put 1 scoop of the batter in each liner.
4. Pop a large Oreo cookie onto the scoop of batter.
5. Top with a 2nd scoop of batter.  Try not to overfill.
6. Bake as per recipe.
7. Ice/Frost and decorate as you please.

8. Eat!


25 comments:

  1. I have eaten Oreos but I don't really find them that appealing. But, I am certain that if you put them in cupcakes - that's another story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never used to like them but for some reason they've grown on me! :-)

      Delete
  2. I never ate Oreos growing up, either. They are OK to me as an adult, but I do like Oreos in stuff like cupcakes, ice cream, etc. Your cupcakes turned out so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can put Oreos in ice-cream??? Must try that!

      Delete
    2. Yes - crush them up and put them in plain vanilla ice cream... and voila! Cookies and cream!

      Delete
  3. Yum! What a great idea have oreo ccokie hidden in the cupcake...I so wish for one of this cupcakes...beautifully decorated.
    Have a great week Fiona :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are so pretty! what a pretty transformation :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You dressed it up beautifully, it will be very suitable for kids' birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm like you, never into Oreos (still not really a fan:p) but, this is a rather creative idea to combine it; or rather, just put them inside a cupcake! I'm sure it will be a hit among the children and most Oreo fans! It looks really beautiful in your photos too, you're such a genius! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think it's strange that I like Oreos as I'm not a 'biscuit' fan! and Thanks!

      Delete
  7. Hi, I've been looking for a simple cupcake recipe that uses Oreo. I think I found it here. Thanks for sharing, it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cupcakes are so pretty Fiona! I love stuffed cupcakes and am a big fan of Oreo cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am HUGE oreo fan :D
    Cupcakes looks nice and pretty...inviting me to try some :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. The texture must be a winner with crunch of cookies and fluffy cake! I do like a good Oreo from time to time lol..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice though after a while, the cookie softened slight - still good though! :-)

      Delete
  11. Hmmm, I thought Oreo cupcakes would turn out like dark brown cupcakes (cos of the chocolate Oreo biscuits) but surprisingly, they came out as a different presentation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep - it was good that the Oreo kept its form!

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...